Indiana's ICE Conference 2015
Wrapping up my 2 day experience at Indiana's ICE 2015 Conference and I am really excited to review all the new tools! I get so excited learning and collaborating with others within the state of Indiana. It's great to be a part of the state of Indiana and being connected to so many great educators!! I would like to share some top Google Tools!!
5 Quick Google Tips & Tricks:
- Google Chrome - If you accidentally close a tab...don't fret!! Access your recent tabs from the Chrome Settings Menu > Click on the "Hamburger" (3 lines) in right corner > Hover over "History and Recent Tabs"
- Google Drive - Voice Typing
- Great for struggling students
- Go to Tools>Voice Typing (enable Microphone)
- Search the following:
- Google Images
- Google Scholar
- Search by Usage Rights
- You can even site sources and insert them within Google Docs
- Grab the URL of the doc, sheet, slide or drawing - It will be the URL at the top of the one you are editing. (Hint: the link has 'edit' at the end)
- Replace the word EDIT with the word COPY
- Send this link to who you are wanting to Share it with (OR Copy)
- When the person you send it to opens it, they will prompted to make a copy of the file
- Once they click 'Make a Copy' button, it will make a copy of the file and add it to their Google Drive
- Note**Sharing settings will still apply for users/students - You still have to give viewing rights for everyone
- Use Google Chrome
- Install the Office Editing Extension
- Upload your .docx, .xlsx, or .pptx file into your Google Drive
- When you open file in Google Drive - you can edit without converting and losing the formatting of document.